You are here
MySQL Architectures Overview
Database Architecture & Design
Application logic in the middle tier?
Reduce money spent on software licenses by moving logic to the middle tier. This means moving stored procedures into the application server or web server layer where it is much cheaper to scale out. Reducing or eliminating business logic running in the DB may reduce Database CPU utilisation and hence save support costs for the DB Portability is key! 
The complete Open Source MySQL High Availability and Scale-Out Architecture Stack
Click on the map to get to you favourite mater...
- DRBD: Distributed Replicated Block Device
- LVM:Logical Volume Manager
- Lighttp: light footprint + httpd = LightTPD (pronounced lighty)
- Cacti: Official Cacti website
- Nagios: Nagios is an open source host, service and network monitoring program.
- mon: mon is a scheduler and alert management tool used for monitoring service availability and triggering alerts upon failure detection
- MySQL Cluster MySQL Cluster documentations
- LVS: Linux Virtual Server. A fully transparent and high available load balancer.